Even though it feels like summer again here in sunny San Diego, I’m inspired by all the ”autumnal recipes” & beautiful pumpkins I’ve been seeing everywhere!
I love to make a nice breakfast on the weekends, so I decided to make these moist, fluffy, & tasty pancakes…
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine almond milk with the tsp vinegar in a separate bowl. Give it 5 minutes to curdle (this is like using buttermilk).
- Stir together pumpkin, spices, water & almond milk in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients & stir until most.
- Let sit 5 minutes to rise & lightly stir again. Let rest 5 more minutes & cook them up. Makes twenty 4” pancakes.